Are you looking to improve your search engine rankings and get more traffic? Of course you do, that’s the purpose of a website, isn’t it? An important part to increasing website traffic includes your search engine rankings, and if you’re not taking that into consideration then your website is surely missing out! As a webmaster, it’s vital that you understand the importance that SEO plays in your online presence. You should also understand how to optimize your content for the most online success. Search engine optimization is a constantly-changing field and this type of task can seem daunting if you don’t know what you’re doing. Thankfully, several free tools have already been made to simplify things to a point that even the most basic computer user can perform some optimization. The SEO tools highlighted in this post can help you to complete a large set of tasks quickly and accurately. For anyone on a budget, doing SEO yourself can be much cheaper than hiring an outside company to do it for you. Scan through the list below right now to view a variety of tools that can help make search engine optimization easier for you!
1. Open Site Explorer – This page is the complete link analysis SEO tool, created by Moz. It allows you to research backlinks, discover potentially damaging links, find new link building opportunities, view social activity, analyze anchor text, and much more. You can also find out which pages on your website are currently indexed by Google.
2. Browseo.net – Ever wondered how a search engine bot actually sees your website? This tool does just that, and what’s so particularly helpful is that you can see a bare-bones version of your website. This shows the hierarchy you’ve given particular elements when the webpage is loading.
3. Copyscape.com – Copyscape is the largest and most popular online plagiarism checker. It lets you automatically detect duplicate content and check whether similar text appears anywhere else on the web. Having completely unique content is essential to rank high in the search engines, and copyscape makes it very quick and simple to double-check all of your pages text.
5. kwFinder.com – Proper SEO comes from finding highly searched keyphrases and then creating individual pages which target each of those terms. In order to know which keyphrases get searched most often you need to use keyword tools. KWFinder is a free keyword tool you can use to quickly find different keyphrases you can target when optimizing each of your pages.
6. Seobility.net – This helpful tool visits your website and crawls through all linked pages, looking for errors and other issues with on-page optimization. It also checks for things like duplicate content, and can give you some great tips for improving rankings.
7. TextOptimizer.com – This is a pretty cool and unique tool you might not have seen before. Simply enter your desired search term and TextOptimizer will visit the Google search result pages, extract search snippets and then apply semantic analysis on them in order to generate a list of all related topics, terms and concepts that will form your overall topic cluster.